English National Ballet School are delighted to announce the appointment of Mr Carlos Valcárcel as Director of Dance from October 2017.
Born in Spain Mr. Valcárcel began his studies at Victor Ullate School and María de Ávila Ballet School under Lola de Avila and Ana Baselga.
Following an illustrious performing career where he danced principal roles with Victor Ullate Ballet, Balletto di Toscana and Stuttgart Ballet, Mr Valcárcel became Director and principal teacher of his own ballet school in Madrid before joining the Showa School for Performing Arts in Tokyo. At the Showa School, he was the Principal Tutor and Lecturer of the Ballet Department. He later joined The Washington School of Ballet, teaching, mentoring and choreographing students and dancers from the company as Ballet Master of the Trainee Program at The Washington School of Ballet.
Mr Valcárcel has also been credited with coaching principal ballerinas and has served as a judge of international ballet competitions. He has also choreographed pieces and coached participants for elite competitions.
He joins English National Ballet School from Ballet Arizona where he has been Director of its School since 2011. Mr Valcárcel is enthusiastically committed to preparing the next generation of young professional dancers for their careers.
Of his new appointment Mr Valcárcel said, “I am thrilled to be joining the staff and teachers of English National Ballet School as Director of Dance and cannot wait to start working with the students. These are particularly exciting times for the School with the impending move to purpose built facilities in East London which will provide an unprecedented opportunity to expand its position within the dance world, as well as further its collaboration with English National Ballet and its artistic leadership.”
Sue Wyatt, Director of English National Ballet School said, "I am delighted to welcome Carlos to English National Ballet School and am looking forward to working with him on training dancers for the future.”
Steve Sacks, Chairman of English National Ballet School said “Having worked with Tamara Rojo on appointing a new Director of Dance I am excited to welcome Carlos to English National Ballet School. We feel he brings the right ethos, energy and experience to lead the School as we start to enter this exciting new stage in our future.”
For more information contact:
Galina Wilkinson, Marketing Manager
Tel: 020 7376 7076 Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
English National Ballet School, official school of English National Ballet
- We are the official School of English National Ballet with one third of the Company’s dancers having graduated from the School
- We offer a 3 year diploma in Professional dance accredited by Trinity College, London
- Our current body of 72 comprises of students from 12 countries including Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Czech Republic, US, Italy, Spain, France, Japan
- We are the peer of major ballet schools in France, the United States, Denmark and the UK and many of our graduated students are now working in major ballet companies worldwide
- We audition over 300 young dancers each year from all over the world and award places purely on talent
- We are the only Dance specialist DaDA (Dance and Drama Award) school to consistently achieve Outstanding from Ofsted since inspections began in 2002 and we maintain a strong employment record
- Open to all without audition ENBS Juniors offer high quality, weekly ballet classes to children aged 3 – 10 years
25th Sep 2017 10:51
19th Sep 2017 12:05
19th Sep 2017 10:17
25th Aug 2017 11:22
8th Aug 2017 11:11