We have joined forces with our friends at Elmhurst Ballet School to share a message of hope and support in footage filmed by students from both schools dancing at home, kindly edited by the BalletBoyz.
With the School currently closed until further notice we wanted to work together with Elmhurst Ballet School to create and share this short film and we hope that it will inspire more dancers to find their own ways to keep dancing, stay connected and feel less isolated during the lockdown.
Viviana Durante, Director of Dance said: “Our number one priority is the health and wellbeing of our students. With our building in Chelsea closed for the foreseeable future and with 80% of our students coming from overseas, the School has moved online for the first time in its history.
Our remote learning platform is constantly growing in order to provide support and teaching that matches as closely as possible the range of provision at the School, ensuring students stay fit, positive and engaged during this time. I am thrilled with the positive feedback from our students so far, and it has been wonderful to see them continue dancing during this time.
I am delighted that students from both English National Ballet School and Elmhurst Ballet School have joined forces to offer some solidarity, inspiration and joy to everyone, wherever they may be. Please continue to stay safe, support, and look after each other however possible.”
To date, English National Ballet School’s online offer includes:
- Live ballet classes with live accompaniment by Head of Music, Chris Hobson
Recorded ballet classes
- Live group Pilates
- Live strengthening classes
- Recorded fitness exercises
- Inspiration videos from guest choreographers Annabelle Lopez Ochoa, Didy Veldman and Mavin Khoo from Akram Khan Company
- Classes in Gaga technique led by teachers trained by Ohad Naharin who created the method
- Tutorials and academic studies continuing as normal
- 1:1 wellbeing sessions
- Individual interviews with all students, their tutors and the Director of Dance
- Fortnightly assemblies for each year group
- 3rd Year audition showreel for those yet to secure contracts
All live classes and assemblies are grouped by time zones, ensuring equal provision for the School’s students during the coming weeks wherever they are based.
Over the Easter break we will continue to enhance our learning offer by trialling and piloting new schemes for online learning.
For up to date information on the impact of Covid-19 on the School please continue to see our website.
1st Jun 2020 12:09
21st May 2020 12:54
20th Apr 2020 11:54
23rd Mar 2020 10:30
11th Mar 2020 11:51