London City Island
Introducing our new home
Our transformational move to London City Island will bring English National Ballet School and English National Ballet together under one roof, combining modern training facilities, teaching and rehearsal studios, alongside a unique Production Studio unrivalled in the UK.
This state-of-the-art facility will enable new opportunities for collaboration and nurturing of dance talent. It will have dedicated digital facilities enabling wider audience engagement to enhance our traditional touring outside London.
Located at London City Island, a new neighbourhood developed by Eco World Ballymore, we will bring ballet and dance to the heart of East London and the local community and provide a resource for the wider performance sector.
The development is a short distance from Canning Town and adjoins Trinity Buoy Wharf, which is home to an emerging creative arts cluster. It is based in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, on the border of the London Borough of Newham.
The building is designed by leading architects Glenn Howells Architects. At over 93,000 square feet it will be more than three times the size of ENBS and ENB’s current homes and feature:
- A Production Studio for the development and rehearsal of productions and creation of new commissions.
- Seven large studios for rehearsals and teaching
- A dedicated Music Room for English National Ballet Philharmonic
- Space for English National Ballet Philharmonic to rehearse on site
- A health suite including a gym, pilates studio, hydrotherapy pool and rehabilitation facilities
- Digital Infrastructure that allows for the capture and sharing of work
- Dedicated Engagement spaces
- Open spaces and architectural features that will create a transparent, open, welcoming environment, sharing the creative process with the public, inside and outside the building.
Steve Sacks, Chairman of English National Ballet School and Board member of English National Ballet, added; “This is an incredibly exciting step for English National Ballet School. In addition to giving us a wonderful, new purpose-built facility, it gives our students the opportunity to work even more closely on a day-to-day basis with the Company.”
To find out more about this exciting development, and opportunities to support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org